When: Sunday 28 May 2017, 10am – 4pm
Where: Auburn Botanic Gardens, corner Chiswick and Chisholm Street, Auburn
Cost: Free for Cumberland Residents (identification with address must be presented upon entry – per person). $5 entry per person for those living outside the Cumberland LGA.
Bring your family and friends to the picturesque Auburn Botanic Gardens on Sunday 28 May for a day of fun.
Stroll amongst the stunning Japanese Gardens, experience the beautiful Autumn colours and visit the cute Australian Animals.
10am – 10:15am & 2pm – 2:15pm Animal Keeper Talk in the Native Fauna Reserve
10am – 2pm Plant Workshop – Create your own plant in the Picnic Area
10am – 3pm Horse and Carriage Rides through Gardens
10am – 4pm Auburn Craft in the Avenue of Remembrance with the Peacock Gallery
10am – 4pm Discovery Passport for Children – Win Great Prizes!
10am – 4pm Creative Connections and the Cumberland Art and Photography Exhibition
10am – 4pm Picnic Area – Options to purchase lunch or snacks including sausage sizzle, ice cream and coffee
11am – 11:45am Choir in the Rose Garden
11am – 12pm Indigenous Cultural Talk beside the Billabong
11.30am – 12:15pm & 2pm – 2:45pm Duck River Band outside the Australian Native Garden
12pm – 12:30pm Didgeridoo Performance beside the Billabong
12pm – 12:45pm Shakuhachi Performance in the Japanese Garden
12pm – 2pm Free Bush Tucker Taste Testing beside the Billabong
12.30pm – 1:15pm The Jitterbugs Children’s Show in the Amphitheatre
12.30pm – 3pm Indigenous Craft for Children beside the Billabong
1pm – 4pm Kush Musical Maidens Stilt Duo
1.15pm – 2pm Accent String Quartet in the Rose Garden
2:30pm – 3:30pm Kyoto Ensemble in the Japanese Garden
- There’s plenty of free parking at the Auburn Botanic Gardens. Visitors are requested to ensure they only park in designated parking areas. Numerous spaces are reserved for people with disabilities.
- Dogs are not permitted in any of the sections of the Auburn Botanic Gardens (Guide dogs excepted). However, dogs are permitted within the precinct provided they are on a leash, kept 10 metres away from the children’s playground and food preparation areas and are under the effective control of a responsible person at all times.
- All sections in the Auburn Botanic Gardens are wheelchair accessible.
- There will be a number of food stalls present with lunch/snacks option available for purchase including a sausage sizzle, drinks, coffee and ice cream. Patrons are allowed to bring their own picnics into the park on this day, however are cooking is not permitted.
- All activities and entertainment are free.
- Riding bikes and scooters inside the Auburn Botanic Gardens is not permitted. Bike racks will be located outside the Gardens main entrance.
- Food available can bring picnic but No cooking inside the gardens.
- The park will be opened between 9am and 5pm.
- Main entrance into the Park is on Chiswick Road.
- Drop into the Peacock Gallery to view the entries for this year’s Cumberland Art and Photography Awards, or visit the Made in Cumberland Gallery Gift Shop and participate in craft workshops.
For further information, please phone Council’s Events Coordinator on 8757 9000.