Friday 7 July 2017, 10am – 2pm
Central Gardens, Paton Street, Merrylands
Free school holiday fun for kids aged 0-12 years. Rug up, step out and get into:
- ‘Free activities:
- Snow laser tag
- Soft play in the snow
- Crafts” Create your own Winter headband; make your own recycled sculpture masterpiece; colouring in and mask making
- Cupcake decorating
- ‘Frozen’ jumping castle
- Pony rides
- Animal Farm
- Emergency services display: Police NSW; Fire NSW; St Johns Ambulance and Roads & Maritime Services
- Sporting and ‘get active’ workshops: Netball NSW; Sydney Thunder Cricket; Western Sydney Giants; Go4Fun Program and Cumberland Girl Guides and Camping Adventure Display
- Market with handmade children’s clothing, show bags, school holiday craft packs
- Food stalls with yummy options to warm your tummy for snack or lunch: Chicken Wings – with various toppings including something sweet such as ‘Salted Caramel Popcorn’ or ‘Nutella Chocolate’, or more traditional like ‘Glazed Honey Soy’ or ‘Southern Smokey BBQ’; Wood fired pizza; Turkish Gozleme; mobile café; Dippin Dots Ice Cream and Mini Donuts.
Visit the NAIDOC tent and enjoy the free activities:
- Boomerang painting
- Story time
- Bush tucker tasting
- Traditional games
- “Ask an elder” or “Yarning circle”
- Face painting
Parents can complete a ‘parent passport’ and win your child a school holidays activity pack. Passports can be collected from the Paton Street entrance. Parents MUST accompany their child at all times at this event.
Travelling by car? There is free parking in streets surrounding Central Gardens. There is also plenty of free parking at Merrylands Regional Park, where a free shuttle bus will transport you to and from the event. Disabled parking is available in the Paton Street and Merrylands Road car parks at Central Gardens.
There is a FREE shuttle bus operating to and from the event at Central Gardens between 9.30am and 2.30pm running every 20 minutes from the following locations:
- Merrylands Train Station, Military Road, Merrylands
- Merrylands Regional Park, Burnett Street, Merrylands (outside Merrylands Swim Centre)
Catching the train? The free shuttle bus will transport you to and from Merrylands Train Station to the event.
Keep an eye out for the ‘shuttle bus’ signs for departure points. The free shuttle will arrive/depart from the Paton Street car park.
In the case of heavy rain, the event may be cancelled. If you wish to confirm if the event will proceed in this case, please phone 8757 9000.
Unfortunately, we do not allow pets into Central Gardens.
We wish to advise residents surrounding Central Gardens of the potential increase in traffic, pedestrians and noise.
Should you require any further information about this event please contact Council’s Events Coordinator on 8757 9000.