Cumberland Council’s Administrator has resolved to exhibit two (2) draft policies for the handling of development applications, which apply to the whole of the Cumberland area:
- Development Applications – Handling of Public Submissions
- Development Applications – Handling of unclear, incomplete, non-conforming and amended applications
These proposed policies aim to facilitate the efficient, effective and transparent assessment of development applications and to deliver a fair and robust development assessment process within reasonable timeframes.
The draft policy will be on exhibition from 14 July 2017 to 11 August 2017.
Copies of the draft policy may also be inspected at the following locations during their opening hours.
- Cumberland Council Merrylands Administration Building (16 Memorial Avenue, Merrylands
- Cumberland Council Auburn Administration Building (Civic Place, 1 Susan St Auburn)
- Merrylands Library (Corner of Miller and Newman Streets, Merrylands)
- Auburn Library (Civic Place, 1 Susan St Auburn)
- Wentworthville Library (2 Lane St, Wentworthville)
- Granville Library (Corner of Miller and Newman Streets, Merrylands)
- Guilford Library (Railway Terrace, Guildford)
- Greystanes library (732 Merrylands Rd, Greystanes)
- Lidcombe Library (Bridge Street Lidcombe)
- Regents Park Library (1 Amy Street, Regents Park).
A person who wishes to lodge a submission may do so in writing before 5.00pm 11 August 2017. All written submissions must be mailed to the Interim General Manager, Cumberland Council, PO Box 118, Auburn, NSW 1835 or be emailed to email@example.com.
Please quote ‘DA Assessment Policies and Procedures’ as the relevant subject reference on your submission. For further information, please contact Council’s Manager Development Assessment, Karl Okorn on 9735 1265.