Cumberland Council is exhibiting the Draft Cumberland Planning Agreements Policy and Draft Cumberland Planning Agreements Guidelines from 11 July to 22 August 2017.
Your comments on the draft policy and guidelines are sought to assist in informing Council’s approach to planning agreements. Your comments will be considered at a Council meeting following the exhibition.
AIM OF THE DRAFT POLICY AND GUIDELINES
The draft policy and guidelines seek to establish a fair, transparent, consistent and accountable framework for the use of planning agreements.
WHAT IS A PLANNING AGREEMENT?
A planning agreement is an agreement entered into by a planning authority (such as a council) and a developer. Under the agreement a developer may agree to provide or fund:
- public and community infrastructure facilities, works and services
- affordable housing
- amenity improvements.
WHEN AND HOW CAN I COMMENT?
Submissions must be in writing and received by Council by 4pm 22 August 2017. Submissions must be sent to:
Mail: The Interim General Manager, Cumberland Council P.O. Box 42, Merrylands, NSW 2160
Please quote P-13-01/07 as the relevant reference on your submission. Anonymous submissions will not be considered. Please note that submissions received by Council may be made publicly available and may be published on Council’s website and in other publications.
If you make a submission and have made a reportable political donation or gift to a Councillor or Council Officer within 2 years before making the submission you must attach a completed disclosure statement.
WHERE CAN I VIEW THE DOCUMENTS?
Hard copies of the draft policy and draft guidelines may be inspected at:
- Merrylands Administration Building (16 Memorial Avenue, Merrylands), Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.30pm
- Auburn Customer Centre (Civic Place, 1 Susan St Auburn), Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Council’s libraries during opening hours.
The Draft Cumberland Planning Agreements Policy and Draft Cumberland Planning Agreements Guidelines and associated documents can be downloaded here:
- Draft Cumberland Planning Agreements Policy
- Draft Cumberland Planning Agreements Guidelines
- Draft Planning Agreement Template
- Minutes of Council meeting of 5 July [Item 107/17]
- Council Meeting Report 5 July [Item 107/7]
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Please contact Terri Southwell, Senior Strategic Planner, Cumberland Council on (02) 9735 1309.