14 December 2016
A voluntary planning agreement is being proposed between Cumberland Council and AET Ltd ATF Auburn Ownership in order to construct a new circular roundabout at the intersection of Queen and Marion Street, Auburn.
The planning agreement to upgrade the roundabout has come about due to a planning proposal that is currently being considered by the State Government’s Planning Panel. The proposal seeks to rezone 1a and 1b Queen Street, Auburn from Light Industrial to High Density Residential which would permit the construction of apartments on the land.
If the Sydney West Central Planning Panel approves the planning proposal then the developer would upgrade the roundabout on behalf of Cumberland Council under the Voluntary Planning Agreement. The agreement has been prepared in accordance with the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
You can view this draft Voluntary Planning Agreement from 13 December 2016 to 31 January 2017 at the links below or by visiting Council’s Administration Buildings at Civic Place, 1 Susan Street, Auburn and 6 Memorial Ave, Merrylands 2160 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday except Public Holidays. It will also be available for viewing at Auburn Library during opening hours.
- 1A and 1B Queen Street Auburn Draft Planning Agreement – T100874/2016
- Report to Extraordinary Meeting of Cumberland Council – 30 November 2016 [Item 126/16] – T116701/2016
- Minute 184 of Extraordinary Meeting of Cumberland Council 30 November 2016 [Item 126/16] – T115433/2016
- Report to Cumberland Independent Hearing and Assessment Panel – November 2016 [Item C028/16] – T103637/2016
- Minutes of Cumberland Independent Hearing and Assessment Panel – November 2016 [Item C028/16] – T105812/2016