Cumberland Council is exhibiting its Draft Delivery Program 2017-21, Budget, Operational Plan 2017-18 and Fees & Charges for 28 days from Thursday 25 May.
Highlights of the Operational Plan and Budget 2017-18 include:
- $65.8m in capital works, including new projects worth $12.4m
- $24.7m for roads, traffic and street cleaning including $9.8m for re-sheeting of roads
- $4.4m for footpaths and cycleways
- $12.9m for parks upgrades and maintenance including:
- the development of a $3.5m Regional Sporting Complex at Gipps Road
- $2.09m in upgrades to Central Gardens and Auburn Botanic Gardens
- $15.4m for community facilities including:
- $5m towards Granville multipurpose community centre, library and regional gallery
- $1m expansion of Auburn Library
Council’s 4-year Delivery Program and 1 Year Operational Plan are designed in direct response to the vision and aspirations of the Community Strategic Plan, containing the budget, key services and specific actions to help move Cumberland in the right direction.
The Budget and Operational Plan 2017-18 have been integrated into the Draft Delivery Program 2017-21. Read together they detail how Council will deliver on the aspirations of local residents.
As a Council, we have the requirement and responsibility to continually shape our planning in partnership with key stakeholders, ensuring a wide cross section of the community have an opportunity to have their voices heard and included. We encourage all with an interest to provide their input into this vital component of Cumberland’s future.
- Delivery Program 2017-21 & Operational Plan 2017-18
- Fees & Charges
- Detailed Capital Works Program 2017-18
The documents may also be viewed at the following locations during usual opening hours:
- Auburn Administration Centre (Civic Place, 1 Susan Street, Auburn)
• Merrylands Administration Centre (16 Memorial Avenue, Merrylands)
• Auburn Library (Civic Place, 1 Susan Street, Auburn)
• Granville Library (8 Carlton Street, Granville)
• Greystanes Library (732 Merrylands Road, Greystanes)
• Guildford Library (Railway Terrace, Guildford)
• Lidcombe Library (Bridge Street, Lidcombe)
• Merrylands Library (Corner Miller and Newman Streets, Merrylands)
• Regents Park Library (1 Amy Street, Regents Park)
• Wentworthville Library and Toy Centre (2 Lane Street, Wentworthville)
Face to Face Sessions
There will be 2 face to face sessions held next Thursday 15 June 2017. These sessions will provide an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the exhibition or documents themselves.
- 10am to 11am – Auburn Library – Upstairs Meeting Rooms (Civic Place, 1 Susan Street, Auburn NSW 2144)
- 1pm to 2pm – Merrylands Library – Fishbowl (17 Miller Street, Merrylands New South Wales 2160)
Making a Submission
If you wish to make a submission you may do so in writing until 4.00pm on Wednesday 21 June 2017. Submissions can be sent to:
Email: email@example.com or
Mail: The Interim General Manager, Cumberland Council
P.O. Box 42, Merrylands, NSW 2160
For More Information
Contact Miles Carter, Senior Corporate Planner at Cumberland Council on 8757 9000.