These events and activities are open to people of all abilities. Each venue has a level or ramp entrance, mobility parking and accessible bathrooms.
Council’s Seniors Festival 2017 is an opportunity to highlight the role seniors play in our community and to celebrate the contribution they make to the life of Cumberland.
In 2017, Cumberland Council is running four community events, three of which are available by ballot entry only.
Option A – Seniors Festival Opening Soiree – 3 March 2017
‘Put your dancing shoes on’ and help Council to launch Seniors Festival with a fun and entertaining night of swing dancing. We are going back in time to an era when jazz and swing were most popular.
Option B – Cumberland Scenic Bus Tour for Seniors – 7 March 2017
Travel on board a luxurious coach tour. We will visit Central Park in Merrylands for morning tea and a tour, enjoy a delicious bistro lunch at Wenty Leagues, before afternoon tea at Peacock Gallery and Auburn Botanic Gardens. Tickets $20 each. Recommended for active seniors.
Option C – Seniors Festival Concert at DOOLEYS – 8 March 2017
Come together to celebrate in style at this year’s Seniors Festival Concert at DOOLEYS Lidcombe Catholic Club. Get to know other seniors in the area while you enjoy a series of tasty treats and talented performances, including live entertainment to close.
Option D – Seniors Golf Day – 9 March 2017
A Free day of fun, competition and golf for men and women (55 and over). A free BBQ lunch will be provided at the end of the day. All handicaps issued on the day are based on results of previous Seniors Golf day scores. Handicaps for players who are participating in their first Seniors golf day will be subject to the Galloway system. Bookings are essential so please call 9688 4751 or 9735 1387.
Ballot Entry into one of Council’s Events
Ballot entries have closed for options A, B and C. To book for the Seniors Golf Day please call 9688 4751 or 9735 1387.
Terms and Conditions of Ballot Entry
- Ballots close 5pm, Tuesday 21 February, 2017
- A ballot system is an equitable way to register your preference to attend an event
- Tickets are for Cumberland LGA residents (Greystanes ward, Wentworthville ward, Granville ward, South Granville ward and Regents Park ward) aged 60 years and over
- Successful applicants will be contacted via letter and/or phone at least two (2) weeks prior to the event date
- Payment for successful coach tour tickets due by 5pm, Thursday 2 March, 2017. Tickets are non-refundable
- Only one (1) ballot form per person and attendance to one (1) event per person.
Need more information?
To find out more, contact Council’s Service Development Coordinator on 9688 4751 or Access and Inclusion Officer on 9735 1378.