Planning Proposals (Rezoning Requests)
Council may consider requests to rezone land by amending the Local Environmental Plans (LEPs) applying to the Cumberland LGA where they are justified and are supported by sound planning arguments and evidence.
LEPs provide the legislative framework for land use and development in a Local Government Area (LGA) through land use zones and planning controls. LEPs consist of a written instrument and a series of maps. Within the Cumberland Local Government Area the following LEPs apply:
Anyone wishing to propose an amendment to any LEP within the Cumberland Local Government Area should contact the Council’s Strategic Planning section prior to the lodging any application to discuss the rezoning process, information requirements and the merits of what is proposed.
All planning proposals and amendments to LEPs can be viewed in the State Government’s LEP Tracking System.
Further information in relation to the planning proposal process can be found on the former Auburn City Council website and the former Holroyd City Council website. and by referring to the Department of Planning and Environment’s “A guide to preparing planning proposals”.
Planning Proposals that are currently open for community consultation can be viewed under the ‘Have Your Say’ section of this website while Planning Proposals for which community consultation has recently been completed can be viewed below:
List of recent Planning Proposals
- Planning Proposal of North Auburn (revised) – (PP-4/2012)
- Planning Proposal, amendments to Holroyd Development Control Plan 2013 and Design Excellence Guidelines – Merrylands Station & McFarlane Street Precinct, Merrylands
- Planning Proposal and amendments to Holroyd Development Control Plan 2013 – Neil Street Precinct, Merrylands
- Preliminary Consultation – Planning Proposal Request, 2 Railway Street and 3-7 East Street, Lidcombe
- Preliminary Consultation – Planning Proposal Request, Lot 11 DP 1162280, Butu Wargun Drive, Pemulwuy
- Planning Proposal to amend Holroyd LEP 2013 – 190-220 Dunmore Street, Pendle Hill (Bonds Spinning Mills site)
Cumberland Planning Policies
The following Planning Policies apply to the Cumberland Local Government Area:
Other Planning Policies and Guidelines
Other Planning policies and guidelines (including Development Control Plans and Section 94 Development contributions Plans) for the Cumberland Local Government Area can be viewed on the former Auburn, Holroyd, and Parramatta Council websites.