Council has established Advisory Committees to act as advisory bodies to Council. The purpose of Council’s Advisory Committees is to provide a consultative forum for the community to engage with and provide advice to Council, as well as inform Council’s policy, program, and service delivery.
Advisory Committees of Council
The committees operate under Council’s corporate governance framework and report to Council on their activities on a quarterly basis.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Consultative (ATSIC) Committee
- Access Committee (based at Auburn)
- Access Committee (based at Merrylands)
- Arts Advisory Committee Community
- Community Safety Committee
- Companion Animal Advisory Committee
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
- Cumberland Heritage Committee
- Cumberland Floodplain Committee
- Events Committee
- Library Committee
- Youth Advisory Committee
- Parks and Facilities Advisory Committee
Council has also established the below panels to provide ongoing community input and specialist advice to Council comprising community and stakeholder representatives.
- Cumberland Access and Inclusion Panel
- Recreational Advisory Panel