If you are a pensioner liable for rates and charges on the property, you may be entitled to a rebate.
All NSW councils give a mandatory rebate of up to $250 to eligible pensioners.
- Former Holroyd City Council eligible pensioners will receive an additional voluntary rebate of $15
- Former Parramatta City eligible pensioners will receive an additional pensioner voluntary rebate of $100 if they have owned and continuously resided on a property in the former Parramatta local government area for five (5) continuous years or more
- Former Auburn City Council have no additional pensioner voluntary rebate and will not be eligible
The mandatory rebate
If you are an eligible pensioner, you are the owner liable for the rates and charges on a property, which is your sole or principal residence, and you have a current pensioner concession card issued by Centrelink, or you have a current pensioner concession card issued by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs because:
- you are a widow or widower of a member of the Australian Defence or Peacekeeping Forces, or
- you are the unmarried mother of a deceased unmarried member of either of those forces, or
- you are a widowed mother of a deceased unmarried member of either of those forces, or
- you are a TPI or EDA under the Veterans Entitlement Act, 1986, or
- you receive a general rate of pension adjusted for extreme disablement under section 22 (4) of the Veterans Entitlement Act 1986 of the Commonwealth, or a special rate of pension under section 24 of that Act.
If you meet the above criteria, then please complete the Pensioner Concession Application Form (PDF, 263.08 KB) and return to Council with a copy of your Pensioner Concession Card (front and back).
You may claim a rebate effective from the date of your Pensioner Concession Card and it will commence from the start of the next quarter.
If you cease to qualify as an eligible pensioner you will not be entitled to receive a rebate for the remainder of that year. It will cease at the end of the quarter and part of the pension rebate will be added back onto the rate account.