Entries in the Cumberland Annual Garden Awards for 2018 closed Friday 2 November 2018.
- Open Garden - Front, rear or side of home. Excludes Native Gardens.
- Native Garden - Mostly Australian native plants and /or those local to the Cumberland area.
- Commercial / Industrial - Local businesses.
- Small Garden - Within confined spaces such as home unit balconies, villa and town-house courtyards.
- Schools and Community Grounds - Primary, secondary and specific purpose schools. Retirement villages, churches, childcare centres plus scout, guide and other youth halls.
- Senior Citizens’ Garden - Residents over 60 years.
- Judging will be based on the visual/physical benefits of the garden to the local area and any other criteria relevant to the entry category. All gardens entered in the competition must be contained within the boundaries of Cumberland Council. Each garden may only be entered into one of the six categories.
- Judging will take place the week of 5 November 2018.
- Judges will leave a card or notification of attendance in participant’s letterboxes to verify their inspection. Judges may visit your garden a second time.
- By entering this competition, you are agreeing to allow the judging panel to access your garden during the week of 5 November. Please ensure all pets are restrained during the week of judging.
- All care will be taken by the judging panel, but no responsibility will be accepted for accidental damage which may occur to property during the judging period.
- The judge’s decision will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Categories attracting less than five entries will only be included in the competition at the discretion of the judging panel.
- Cumberland Council reserves the right to reproduce (without acknowledgment) photographs of entries and gardeners in Council publications and on the website.
- The specific address of winning entries will not be given to local newspapers or media unless approved by the property owner/ resident.
- A winner will be selected from each of the the six categories. A Grand Champion will be chosen from the category winners.
- Due to a possible conflict of interest, the following entry exemptions apply:
- Cumberland Council owned properties
- Judges and any affiliated organisations
- Cumberland Council employee or their immediate family
12. Winners will be announced at the Annual Garden Awards Presentation Evening on Tuesday 27 November 2018.
For more information and additional copies of this entry form please phone 8757 9000.