Skip to main content

Who to contact for help

If you need help, here is a list of key contacts who can provide support 24 hours a day.

Help in a crisis

If you are in immediate danger, call the Police on 000

For more information and to find out how the Police can help, visit the NSW Police website

Domestic Violence Crisis Line

A confidential telephone crisis counselling and referral service that provides information about assistance available from police, courts, the law, emergency accommodation and referrals to support services.

The Domestic Violence Crisis line is open 24 hrs, call 1800 65 64 63


A confidential phone and online counselling support service for people who have experienced domestic, family or sexual violence. Also offers support to friends and family of people in domestic or family violence situations.

1800RESPECT is a 24 hour helpline, call 1800 737 732


Lifeline provides a support 24hr helpline, call 131 114

NSW Rape Crisis Line 

 NSW Rape Crisis Line provides 24hr support, call 1800 424 017

Translating and Interpreting Service

For help in other languages, call 131 450. The Translating and Interpreting service (TIS) is available 24 hours a day, and they can help you connect with the right service or help[line.

Ask Izzy

 An online search tool to help people in crisis find shelter, food, health and other critical support services.

Visit the Ask Izzy website to find support.

Other Helplines

Child Protection Helpline

To report suspected child abuse or neglect, contact the Child Protection Helpline on 132 111.

Kids Helpline

A free 24-hour counselling service for young people from 5 to 25 years of age. Counselling can be provided over the phone, by email and online. Call 1800 551 800

Men’s Line Australia 

Confidential support and information, specialising in relationship and family concerns. Call 1300 78 99 78.

Domestic Violence Legal Advice Line: 1800 810 784

Women’s Legal Contact Line: 1800 801 501

Help going to court

For help, support and advice on domestic or family violence, contact Women's Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service, call 1800 938 227 or visit the Women's Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service website.

Staying Home Leaving Violence

A program to improve the safety of women who want to live separately from a violent partner but remain at home, even if the home is owned or leased by the abusive person. Call  9636 8437.

Find local services and support

You can search the Community Information Directory for local organisations.