Primary and secondary schools are invited to 'pitch' a Healthy Kids project idea with a two-minute video for a chance to win $5,000 to run the project with the students at their school.
Think about how you could get kids moving and eating healthier food at your school, with the aim to:
- Improve children and young people's health through participation in physical activity and encourage long term behaviour change.
- Encourage healthy eating and healthy food choices through education and motivation.
The best ideas will be shortlisted and the schools will be invited to present their 'Healthy Kids Pitch' to a selection panel, with winning entries being awarded a prize valued at $5,000.
Applications open Tuesday 12 March 2019 and close Friday 12 April 2019 at 4pm.
Preparing Your Application
There are two parts that must be completed before submitting your application.
- A two (2) minute pitch video and
- A completed, signed and approved application form.
Before you begin:
- Read the Healthy Kids Pitch Competition Guidelines (PDF, 762.6 KB).
- Come up with an idea for a Healthy Kids program at your school with the students, teachers or families.
- Plan how you would run the project at your school.
- Prepare your pitch and present this in a two (2) minute video. This can be recorded on a smartphone as the quality of the video is not being judged.
- In the video, explain or demonstrate how your idea will encourage healthy eating and increase physical activity of the students at your school. You must include at least one physical activity or healthy eating initiative.
- Download and complete the Healthy Kids Pitch Competition Application Form (PDF, 870.1 KB). Make sure you address all the key information.
Instructions on Submitting your Application
You must upload and submit your pitch video and application form together using the WeTransfer file transfer website.
- When you are ready to submit your application, go to the WeTransfer website and follow the instructions below.
- 'Add your files' - select and upload your completed application form and pitch video file.
- 'Email to' - add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- 'Your email' - add your email address in this field.
- 'Message' - add the title ‘Healthy Kids Pitch Entry’ and the name of your school.
- Click the grey ‘Transfer’ button.
- You will receive an email notification that your files have been sent. If you don’t receive a notification contact Council's Project Support Officer on 8757 9359.
- Your two files should not be over 2GB in order to use this free service.
If you need more information or support with submitting your application, contact the Council's Project Support Officer on 8757 9359.