To assist residents in adopting sustainable practices in the home and reduce their organic waste, Council offers all households in Cumberland LGA a rebate for the purchase of a compost bin or a worm farm.
The rebate is up to the value of $50. For example, if a resident purchases a compost bin for $30, they only receive $30. If a resident purchases a worm farm for $70, they only receive $50.
To be eligible for the rebate residents must live in the Cumberland LGA. Each household can claim only once. Rebate is available to both home owners and tenants. ONLY the purchase of the compost bin or worm farm are eligible for a rebate- this does not include any compost system accessories or worms.
How to Claim for a Rebate
To receive a $50 rebate, simply buy your compost bin or worm farm from any retail outlet and follow the steps below:
- Fill in and sign the Compost Bin / Worm Farm Rebate Form (PDF, 279.52 KB)
- Attach a copy of your receipt (it must include the date of purchase on it; it must be less than 3 months since you made purchase)
- Attach proof of address which has both your full name and address on it (eg. copy of a rates bill, electricity bill or driver licence)
- Return form to Council by one of the following ways:
PO BOX 42
Merrylands NSW 2160
At one of Cumberland Council’s Service Centres:
- Auburn Office 1 Susan Street, Auburn
- Merrylands Office 16 Memorial Avenue, Merrylands
- Mon – Fri, 8.00am – 4.30pm
By Email: email@example.com
5. Council will deposit $50 into your bank account
What if you already have a compost bin or worm farm?
- Do you already have a compost bin or worm farm that isn’t working quite right?
- Do you need to start again?
Council regularly holds free workshops. They cover how to set up a compost bin and worm farm, how to maintain them and troubleshooting tips.
For workshop dates and locations, phone Council on 8757 9000.