The Waste and Resource Recovery Strategy is a strategic approach to waste management, that supports the Cumberland community to reduce waste, encourages resource recovery and ensures clean public spaces.
Council is committed to leading by example and making improvements to waste and resource recovery services currently offered to demonstrate that taking responsibility for wastes generated by activities, regardless of the amount, is necessary to achieve greater sustainable outcomes
The strategy has six key focus areas and associated actions that will be delivered over the next five years to:
- Avoid and reduce waste generation
- Increase recycling and divert more waste from landfill
- Manage problem household waste better
- Reduce illegal dumping and littering and enhance cleanliness
- Lead by example
- Improve Council’s waste profile in the community.
Download the Waste and Resource Recovery Strategy to learn more: