For the convenience of residents, Cumberland Council operates a garden waste mulching service. The service operates from Councils depot in Guildford and is accessed through the gates off Foray Street Guildford.
The community mulching service operates every Sunday during daylight savings (except public holidays) between 9am and 2pm at Council’s Depot, accessed via Foray Street, Guildford.
- 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29 October 2017
- 5, 12, 19 and 26 November 2017
- 3, 10 and 17 December 2017
- CLOSED 24 and 31 December 2017
- 7, 14, 21, 28 January 2018
- 4, 11, 18, 25 February 2018
- 4, 11, 18 and 25 March 2018
- DAYLIGHT SAVING OPERATING HOURS BEGIN - 8, 15 April 2018 OPEN
- CLOSED on 1 (Easter Sunday), 22 and 29 April 2018
Garden waste is limited to one box trailer load. Truckloads of garden waste will not be accepted.
You will need to bring proof of Cumberland residency, eg. your rates notice, as the service is for residential usage only and limited to ‘one box trailer load’. Commercial use is prohibited.
Items Not Accepted:
- Lawn clippings
- Limbs greater than 300mm in diameter no longer than 2 metres
- Palm fronds
- Succulents or cactus plants
- Plants with thorns
- Weed material
- Tree stumps
- Bags of leaves
- Any type of domestic waste
Council reserves the right to refuse any garden waste which it deems unsuitable for mulching.
When transporting garden waste ensure that your load is adequately covered, or you could face being fined. Uncovered loads of waste can spill onto the road creating both safety hazards and pollution to the environment.
The Protection of the Environment Operations (Waste) Regulation 2005 requires waste transported by a vehicle to be covered during its transportation. Ensure waste is transported safely and covered or risk a fine of $500.
For details on mulching, please contact Council’s Customer Service on 8757 9000.