For the convenience of residents, Cumberland Council operates a garden waste mulching service. The service operates from Councils depot in Guildford and is accessed through the gates off Foray Street Guildford.
The community mulching service operates every Sunday (weekly) during daylight savings (except public holidays and Christmas / New Year period) between 9am and 2pm at Council’s Depot, accessed via Foray Street, Guildford.
- DAYLIGHT SAVINGS OPERATING HOURS BEGIN - 7 October 2018
- Open 7, 14, 21 and 28 October 2018
- Open 4, 11, 18 and 25 November 2018
- Open 2, 9, 16 December 2018
- Closed 23 and 30 December 2018
- Open 6, 13, 20 and 27 January 2019
- Open 3, 10, 17 and 24 February 2019
- Open 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31 March 2019
- Open 7 April 2019
- DAYLIGHT SAVING OPERATING HOURS END - 7 April 2019
Garden waste is limited to one box trailer load. Truckloads of garden waste will not be accepted.
You will need to bring proof of Cumberland residency, eg. your rates notice, as the service is for residential usage only and limited to ‘one box trailer load’. Commercial use is prohibited.
Items Not Accepted:
- Lawn clippings
- Limbs greater than 300mm in diameter no longer than 2 metres
- Palm fronds
- Succulents or cactus plants
- Plants with thorns
- Weed material
- Tree stumps
- Bags of leaves
- Any type of domestic waste
Council reserves the right to refuse any garden waste which it deems unsuitable for mulching.
When transporting garden waste ensure that your load is adequately covered, or you could face being fined. Uncovered loads of waste can spill onto the road creating both safety hazards and pollution to the environment.
The Protection of the Environment Operations (Waste) Regulation 2005 requires waste transported by a vehicle to be covered during its transportation. Ensure waste is transported safely and covered or risk a fine of $500.
For details on mulching, please contact Council’s Customer Service on 8757 9000.