Watch the webinar
To view this recording of the 11 August webinar, use the link below then enter password cumberland18
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- How the climate is going to change. What that means for our urban environments (Urban Heat Island Effect) and gardeners.
- Why greening our cities and creating an Urban Forest will reduce further climate impacts and help humans and wildlife adapt to a changing climate.
- The value of vegetation / green infrastructure in urban spaces, economically, socially, environmentally and for our health.
- The urban forest’s role in urban sustainability and liveability
- What we can do collectively as a society to green our urban spaces by gardening for wildlife and climate.
- What gardeners can do practically to support this in their own gardens and in their wider community.