The Cumberland Volunteer Community Sector Networking Forum (CVCSNF) works to improve collaboration and build capacity of the volunteer organisations within the Cumberland Local Government Area.
This forum will provide information about working with children and child safe standards. It will also build the capacity of volunteer organisations and provide practical ways to achieve child safe working and recreational environments.
The benefits of attending:
• Meet other service providers and build new partnerships
• Increase awareness around working with children and Child Safe Standards
• Understand your organisation’s responsibilities
• Understand how to implement and build the Child Safe Standards into your organisation’s practice
• Speed networking
• Guests speakers from the Office of the Children’s Guardian - Presentation on Child Safe Standards for organisations working with children. This includes Working with Children Checks
• Good governance and capacity building - How to implement and build the Child Safe Standards into your organisation's practice
• Where to get support
• Council update
• Questions and feedback
Featured speakers include:
The Office of the Children’s Guardian, Child Safe Coordinator, Harris Short and representatives from Religious Services, Sports and Recreation and
Children and Health Services.
Bring your brochures and business cards to hand out and for the information table.