Cumberland Council is calling for expressions of interest from community organisations for the following office facilities currently available at the Auburn Centre for Community located at 44a Macquarie Rd, Auburn.
About the Community Centre
The Auburn Centre for the Community is an award winning multipurpose Centre which opened in March 2011. It offers a range of facilities available for hire and provides 5 offices for core tenants to deliver community services and programs.
It is managed by a full time Centre Coordinator and a Bookings and Information Officer located on-site during business hours 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. The hours of operation for the Auburn Centre for the Community are 9am to 10pm Monday to Sunday.
The Centre is located 5 to 10 minutes walk from Auburn Station. On street parking is available in the surrounding streets. No reserved or dedicated parking is available for tenants or their clients.
Office 3 and Office 5 - Core Tenancy
These serviced office spaces are available for occupancy by license arrangement for up to 2 yeas with option of renewal for a further 1 year.
The serviced office space must be utilised a minimum of five days a week to deliver regular funded services and programs to the local community. Joint proposals to share the office space will be considered. Tenants will be selected based on eligibility and selection criteria.
Cumberland Council will provide a serviced office space for the selected tenant including electricity, air conditioning, cleaning and maintenance. Core tenants will also have access to a shared staff kitchenette, some office equipment and toilet facilities. Included in the licence agreement is 5 hours per week use of a Small Meeting Room. Other spaces within the facility are available for hire through Council’s normal hire arrangements for regular and casual users. Additional costs are associated with printing and copying. Tenants will be responsible for the specific fit out of their office space including furniture, phone and internet connection and office equipment.
Office 4 - Shared Office Space
This furnished office space is available for day use and will be shared use with other organisations.
The furnished office space is to be utilised on a regular weekly basis and will be shared use with other organisations. The days available being Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays. Facilities include a workstation, under-desk lockable caddy containing two drawers and file storage.
Cumberland Council will provide a furnished office space for the selected tenant including electricity, air conditioning, cleaning and maintenance. Facilities in the office include a workstation and lockable cabinet. You will need to bring your own laptop. Free wireless internet is available. Tenants will also have access to a shared staff kitchenette, printer/copier and toilet facilities. Additional costs are associated with printing and copying. Other spaces within the facility are available for hire through Council’s normal hire arrangements for regular and casual users.
Fees and Charges
Office Room Size and Annual Licence Fee
- Office 3 - 6.21 meters square, $2,263 Annual Licence Fee
- Office 4 - 6.20 meters square, $1,355 Annual Licence Fee
- Office 5 - 8.04 meters square, $2,929 Annual Licence Fee
- Fees may be subject to change as part of Council’s annual fees and charges review. Fees listed here are for 2019/20.
- Additional costs are associated with printing and copying.
- Other spaces within the facility are available for hire through Council’s normal hire arrangements for regular and casual users.
To be eligible to apply for office space at the Centre, organisations must meet all the following requirements:
- Be an incorporated, not-for-profit organisation.
- Be covered by public liability insurance (up to $10 million).
- Already operating from within the Cumberland Local Government Area or able to demonstrate connections with the Cumberland Local Government Area.
- Able to demonstrate their ongoing financial viability and capacity to pay rental and licence fees.
Eligible organisations will be assessed against their experience and capacity to meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in providing community services and programs to a broad range of disadvantaged groups in the community.
- Demonstrated commitment to non-discrimination on the grounds of gender, ethnicity and religion in both the composition of the organisation and in the delivery of services.
- Proven experience in community engagement and local community connections.
- Demonstrated experience in developing partnerships with other services, community groups and stakeholders.
- Developed systems of good governance through operations, including strategic/ business plans.
- Demonstrated financial management experience and ongoing financial viability including capacity to pay rental rate and fit out office (as required) and a track record of securing funding and or sponsorship.
In order to assist you in preparing your response, the following conditions from Cumberland Council should be taken into account:
- Successful organisations will generally enter into a licence agreement of (2) years with Cumberland Council with option of renewal for a further one year.
- Core tenants must be utilise the office a minimum of five days a week (note: joint proposals to share office space will be considered).
- All Centre occupants are required to attend quarterly meetings to share relevant information and promote positive relations within the centre.
- Centre occupants must be able to directly organise their own client appointments and attend to information requests from the general public as required.
- Common areas for use by all the centre occupants include the entry, kitchen, toilets and corridors. Centre occupants can also utilise meeting rooms through the Centre’s central booking system.
- Centre occupants will need to agree to the Rules of Operation which guide the day to day use of the centre.
- Successful applicants will be required to submit regular reports on facility usage.
- Cumberland Council will be responsible for identifying maintenance issues and undertaking basic cleaning.
- Cumberland Council will be responsible for the structural integrity of the building.
- Cumberland Council will be responsible for all the exterior grounds maintenance.
- Cumberland Council will be responsible for building insurance costs.
How to Submit Your Application
Eligible applicants must complete the Expression of Interest Application Form (PDF, 233.19 KB) and submit it as a hard copy or in electronic format to Cumberland Council in the following ways:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deliver in person to Suzanne Gatt, Auburn Centre for Community - 44a Macquarie Road, Auburn.
All applications must be received by 9am, Monday 15 July 2019.
For further information and enquires contact the Auburn Centre for Community Coordinator Suzanne Gatt on 8757 9028 or Council on 8757 9000. You may also email your enquiry to email@example.com.
All expressions of interest will be treated as confidential between Cumberland Council and the applicant.
Canvassing of Cumberland Council’s elected members, staff, or any member of the selection panel will disqualify the applicant. Council’s shortlist of selected applicants will be final.