The first of three major concrete slabs has been poured. There will also be 17 smaller concrete pours as part of the project which will occur in the following months.
The project will deliver:
- Grandstand for 750 spectators including a structural timber frame.
- Change rooms, multipurpose room, office, amenities, community function room, canteen, kitchen and a covered viewing deck.
- 127 car spaces including lighting.
- Underground stormwater infiltration system.
- Incoming services including substation, gas, water, sewer and communications.
- Field reconstruction, new lighting, irrigation and new turf.
The project, which received a $2.74 million State Government grant, will go towards the sports pavilion as well as the field’s reconstruction, lighting, stormwater drainage, irrigation and returfing, and is expected to be complete by May 2021.
The project is jointly funded by the Greater Sports Facility Fund and Cumberland City Council.