Council has resolved to place on public exhibition an updated Code of Meeting Practice (PDF, 582.56 KB) to ensure the efficient conduct of Council and Committee Meetings.
In order for Council to adopt a Code of Meeting Practice, a draft Code must be prepared and placed on public exhibition for a period of 28 days, and submissions may be received up until 42 days from the date first placed on public exhibition. All submissions made to the draft Code will be made public and considered by Council.
The changes proposed to the existing Code of Meeting Practice are summarised below:
- Introduce an Opening Prayer and playing of National Anthem
- Introduce a Public Forum to allow anyone to address Council in relation to a matter of policy, the delivery of services, regulatory functions or issues of community concern
- That 7 days notice be provided to Councillors for all Council Meetings
- Grant the Mayor authority to provide an extension of 30 minutes to the normal 10pm finish time for Council Meetings
- Mobile Phone Use – Council Officials cannot make or receive calls Decisions of the Council will not be implemented until 5pm on the Friday following the Council meeting
- Discussions on petitions or correspondence tabled at a meeting will be permitted
Submissions will be received up until 4pm Tuesday 12 December 2017 and can be made as follows
PO Box 42, Merrylands NSW 2160