PRUAIP First Nations Banner Program
The Parramatta Road Urban Amenity Improvement Program (PRUAIP) is an initiative by the NSW Government to improve open space and active transport links along the Parramatta Road corridor.
Cumberland City Council's First Nations Banner Program will use final artworks from our program workshops to inspire the creation of street flag banners that will be showcased throughout our Auburn North precinct on Parramatta Road, as part of the PRUAIP public art program.
We're holding a series of creative workshops over two weeks in local Cumberland City schools for young First Nations students and/or young people.
- The workshops run Term 1 in the first two weeks of February 2022
- First Nations artists Dennis Golding and Darug Elder Uncle Chris Tobin will lead the workshops
- The workshops will explore themes of First Nations pride, cultural identity, connection, respect and care for Country
- Each workshop participant will have the opportunity to create an individual artwork exploring what these themes mean to them
- All art materials for the workshops will be provided
- Schools are invited to register on behalf of their students. Find registration details below.
Registration and further information
For further information and to register your student's and/or young person’s interest in this program please contact our Aboriginal Education and Program Officers by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning Amelia Corr 0468 614 010 or Janice Dennis 0447 345 277.