Enabling users to feel empowered when pursuing their own interests and social activities, Council’s service is an outstanding support program. This volunteer based network provides companionship, support and assistance. It is about encouragement towards leading an independent life in the community with an ability to maintain vital relationships and engage in meaningful activities.
The service assists in maximising an individual’s ability to continue living independently at home with assistance to maintain vital relationships and pursuing meaningful activities.
Social support can include:
- Friendly visiting / support telephone calls
- Someone who will do your banking /paying bills
- Assistance with shopping and meal preparation
- Outings/day trips
- Attendance at social events or small same interest group gatherings
- Coffee and a chat or lunch with friends
- Letter reading and writing
- Assistance with appointments
- Referrals to other service providers
People eligible for this service are those that are:
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders
- 50 years and older
- Frail aged or people with a disability
- Their carers
- Living in the Holroyd, Auburn and Parramatta Local Government areas
This program is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Commonwealth HACC program and from the NSW Department of Family and Community Services – Ageing, Disability and Home Care under the Community Care Supports Program.
To find out more, please phone 9636 8352 or email email@example.com.