Seniors Units for Independent Living
Affordable and Accessible Accommodation for Seniors living or working in Cumberland LGA
Cumberland Council has 76 self-care units for seniors to provide affordable and accessible accommodation for those who need it.
The units offered are studio (only suitable for a sole occupant) and one bedroom units (suitable for a maximum of two residents).
To be eligible for the above units, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently living or working in the Cumberland local government area for a minimum of six months and be able to produce evidence of having done so
- Must be in receipt of government benefits
- Must be aged over 55 years old
- Must not own property at the time of Application
- Must have applied to the Department of Housing and be able to produce a T-number
- Must be willing to undergo a medical assessment
Please note priority will be given to those applicants who are at risk of becoming homeless.
These units are based at:
- Euston Road, Auburn NSW 2144 (shared laundry facility for residents)
- Tavistock Street, Auburn NSW 2144 (shared laundry facility for residents)
- Church Street, Lidcombe NSW 2141
- Platform Street, Lidcombe NSW 2141
Council currently has a waiting list for these units. Assessment of applications, however, is based on need.
When allocating available units, priority for one bedroom units will be given to couples and single applicants will generally be offered a studio.
Council also offers one accessible unit at its Euston Road block.
For more information and to Apply
For further information on the Council units or an application form, contact Cumberland Council’s Access and Inclusion Officer on 9840 9835.