Neighbour Aid is a volunteer based service that provides the frail aged and people living with a disability support to enable them to remain independent, participate in community life and sustain meaningful relationships. This program has proved popular amongst the community since its inception in June 2012.
The program makes a difference with:
- Shopping assistance
- Support to attend appointments
- Various transport to activities like bingo, hydrotherapy and social functions
- Social outings and small interest groups
- Completing errands like bill paying, reading mail and letter writing
The service operates for people living in the Holroyd Local Government area including:
- People who are older and frail
- People with disabilities
This program is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Commonwealth HACC program and from the NSW Department of Family and Community Services – Ageing, Disability and Home Care under the Community Care Supports Program.
A person can either refer themselves or be referred by a friend, relative or professional by contacting the Neighbour Aid Coordinator, please call 9688 4751 or email email@example.com.