Cumberland Council maintains two kitchens which provide convenient, healthy and fresh meals for council’s social inclusion programs.
These meals are either home-delivered as part of our Meals on Wheels service (Link to fact sheet) or used to support our programs for seniors and people with a disability, such as the Happy Club and Maltese Seniors Group. (link to fact sheet)
Unlike a number of other Sydney council food services, our meals can be delivered freshly-cooked, which provides improved taste and nutrition. Alternatively, frozen meals can also be provided.
We make lunches, dinners and desserts to suit all tastes and to respond to cultural and dietary needs.
Our meals are:
- Prepared by cooks daily so they are not only tasty but also nutritious.
- Culturally appropriate so whatever your needs, we can meet them.
- Served at a number of convenient venues or delivered to homes so you can dine with friends or in the comfort of your own living room.
- Changed throughout the year to give you lots of choice and variety.
- Flexible so whatever your dietary requirements, you can enjoy our service.
In partnership with our social inclusion team and local community organisations we provide many delicious centre-based meals programs including Maltese, Spanish, Filipino, Arabic, Greek and Tamil.
How to access our services
If you are interested in accessing any of our meal services please contact Council’s Intake and Referral Team on 9688 4751.