Cumberland Council runs free events and provides a range of resources, services and programs to support local businesses.
Our goal is to help you get the support, knowledge and inspiration to grow your business and connect with like-minded individuals.
Attend one of our free workshops to build your skills, get specialised advice with the Easy to do Business Program, come along to our networking opportunities, or access resources and information.
Events in August 2019
Free One-on-One Business Advisory Services
If you are a local business in Cumberland, you can register to receive one-on-one advice through the free Business Advisory Service which is provided once a month at different locations in town centres across the Cumberland LGA.
Accredited advisors provide personalised advice, skills and information to help businesses at any stage of their growth including business start-up, business planning, marketing and how to access finance and legal advice.
We will be in these local suburbs on the following dates from 9:30am to 4pm:
- Berala on 22 August 2019 - Book you place
- Toongabbie on 16 October 2019
- Auburn on 14 November 2019
- Guildford on 12 December 2019
- Granville on 29 January 2020
- Merrylands on 20 February 2020
- Lidcombe on 19 March 2020
- Pemulwuy on 16 April 2020
- Regents Park on 21 May 2020
- Greystanes on 17 June 2020
Upcoming Free Business Workshops
Put the following dates in your diary and book your spot when the events open.
- How to Sell Your Services on 3 October 2019 from 1:30pm to 3:30pm
- SEO Basics on 4 December 2019 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Develop a Website Brief on 5 February 2020 from 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- Selling Products and Services Made Simple on 2 April 2020 from 1:30pm to 3:30pm
- Social Media 101 for Your Small Business on 4 June 2020 from 1:30pm to 3:30pm
Important information for running your business
Council provides a range of services and information to enable businesses to operate according to industry regulations and best practice in Cumberland.
- Commercial Waste Collection for Businesses
- Food Safety
- Skin Penetration Business Operation
- Requirements for Premises Containing a Water-cooling System (DOCX, 72.12 KB)
- Community Safety
Stay in touch
Natalie Yu is Cumberland Council's Business Engagement Coordinator. You can email email@example.com or phone 8757 9491 to find out how Cumberland Council can support you and your business.
You can join the mailing list for our Bi-monthly Business Bulletin for enews updates.
If you need assistance with starting or running a business:
- Read the Starting a Business guide on the Australia Government Business website
- Find out what licenses are required on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) website
- Learn how to solve problems and disputes on the Department of Industry website
- Learn efficient energy management and how to upgrade your equipment at a lower cost on the Energy Saver website.
If you want to find out about the broader business and economic overview of the Cumberland Council area: