Cumberland Council provides a range of resources, services and programs to support local businesses.
Attend one of our free workshops to build your skills, tailored 1:1 business advice, networking opportunities, information and resources to help local businesses grow.
If you are a small business in Cumberland, or wanting to start a new business, Council has a free Business Support Program you can access.
NSW Small Business Month in Cumberland throughout October
Thank you to everyone who attended our networking event Celebrating Business in Cumberland. It was a great success.
Be supported by Cumberland Council
Our Business Support Program continues throughout the year with business events and workshops happening each month.
Our goal is to help you get the support, knowledge and inspiration to grow your business and connect with like-minded individuals.
Free One-on-One Business Advisory Services
If you are a local business in Cumberland, you can register to receive one-on-one advice through the free Business Advisory Service which is provided once a month at different locations in town centres across the Cumberland LGA.
Accredited advisors provide personalised advice, skills and information to help businesses at any stage of their growth including business start-up, business planning, marketing and how to access finance and legal advice.
We will be in these local suburbs on the following dates from 9:30am to 4pm:
- Berala on 20 November 2018
- Greystanes on 18 December 2018
- Toongabbie on 17 January 2019
- Lidcombe on 20 February 2019
- Auburn on 18 March 2019
- Guildford on 16 April 2019
- Merrylands on 21 May 2019
- Granville on 18 June 2019
Upcoming Free Business Workshops
Put the following dates in your diary and book your spot when the events open.
- Social Media 101 for Small Business - 29 November 2018
- Tax Basics for small business - 7 February 2019
- Google Business Solutions - 2 April 2019
- Stand Out on Social Media Bootcamp - 5 June 2019
Stay in touch
Natalie Yu is Cumberland Council's Business Engagement Coordinator. You can email email@example.com or phone 8757 9491 to find out how Cumberland Council can support you and your business.
You can join the mailing list for our Bi-monthly Business Bulletin for enews updates.
If you need assistance with starting or running a business:
- Read the Starting a Business guide on the Australia Government Business website
- Find out what licenses are required on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) website
- Learn how to solve problems and disputes on the Department of Industry website
If you want to find out about the broader business and economic overview of the Cumberland Council area: