Intake and Enquiry
- Disability Services Volunteer Calendar 2018
- Peer Support Calendar 2018 (PDF, 691.48 KB)
- Peer Support - intake / enquiry form (DOCX, 37.24 KB)
Recreation and Leisure Activities
Offering a variety of community-based recreation and leisure activities to adults (18 to 65 years) with an intellectual disability, the Council’s program encourages development through experiences.
These social, physical and emotional developments can be fun and exciting.
Activities are organised on a group basis throughout the week to provide respite opportunities for parents and carers. Reliable and affordable transport is available to and from programmed events.
The service encourages users to participate in all areas of the program so that Peer Support can continue to meet the needs of people with an intellectual disability, including their families and carers.
Activities are organised on a group basis and take place on weeknights and weekends.
Along with providing valuable social support for people with a disability, the Peer Support Program also provides a respite opportunity for parents and carers. Reliable and affordable transport is available to and from programmed events.
- Indoor cricket
- Lawn bowls
- Horse riding
- Dining out
Service users are encouraged to participate in all areas of the program via planning meetings, evaluation surveys, consultation surveys, and representation on Council’s Aged and Disability Services Advisory Committee.
This input ensures Peer Support continues to meet the support needs of people with an intellectual disability and their families and carers. This program is supported by funding from the NSW Department of Family and Community Services – Ageing, Disability and Home Care under the Community Care Supports Program.
To find out more about what programs Council can offer for people with a disability and if we can support you to achieve your goals under the National Disability Insurance Scheme, please contact Council’s Disability Services Officer on 9840 9913.
Below are some helpful links for schemes and programs offered by other levels of government:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (an Australia-wide scheme to support people with permanent and significant disability)
- Seniors Card (available for NSW residents who are aged 60 or over and work no more than 20 hours a week)
- Myagedcare (a one-stop-shop for information on aged care services in Australia)
- NSW Companion Card (a not-for-profit program, funded by the NSW Government and managed by National Disability Services)