Cumberland Council provides services that help keep senior residents active, healthy and connected.
The following programs are available to senior residents living in self-contained units or in their own homes:
- Wellness Programs, which include gentle group exercise, creative arts, music, special theme days, reminiscence groups and outings. These activities are provided in a safe, stimulating environment in which interaction between participants is encouraged and friendship is promoted.
- Groups specifically catering for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, Maltese, Spanish and Filipino speaking people.
- Male-only outings
- Social outings, bus trips
- Healthy cooking programs
- Silver surfers, help for Seniors using the internet
- Shopping services and home visits
- Over 55’s Lifelong Learning such as gentle exercise, art class and dance class.
View the Program Calendar (PDF, 898.7 KB) for upcoming activities.
How to access our services
Complete a Over 55’s Lifelong Learning Program Registration Form (PDF, 789.78 KB) or contact Council’s Intake and Referral Team on 8757 9031.
Other Services provided by the NSW and Australia Government
Below are some helpful links for schemes and programs offered by other levels of government:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (an Australia-wide scheme to support people with permanent and significant disability)
- Seniors Card (available for NSW residents who are aged 60 or over and work no more than 20 hours a week)
- Myagedcare (a one-stop-shop for information on aged care services in Australia)
- NSW Companion Card (a not-for-profit program, funded by the NSW Government and managed by National Disability Services)