Studio Workshop Program
This exciting 14-week Studio-based Workshop Program is currently running two days a week on Thursdays and Fridays until November 2022.
Participants in the program, who successfully submitted their Expression of Interest to participate in the program in June 2022, are emerging artists with disability and or d/Deaf or hard of hearing artists or people who identify as Disabled Creatives.
The program provides the following opportunities for participants:
- To be mentored by professional artists
- Access to a creative studio workshop space
- To connect with the Granville Centre Art Gallery exhibitions, curator(s) and gallery team
- To network with our local arts community
- To collaborate with other studio artists to create new work for presentation.
10am to 2pm on Friday, 1 July 2022 at the Granville Centre Art Gallery.
The program starts with this gathering which will provide an opportunity for emerging artists to meet one another and the studio workshop program team, including the Arts Facilitator, Arts Support Worker and the Granville Centre Art Gallery Curator and Arts and Cultural Projects Producer.
It will include a tour of the Granville Centre Creative Spaces, including the Gallery, Creative Suite and Studio Workshop Spaces, and will be an opportunity for emerging artists to discuss how they’d like to shape the Studio Workshop Program over the coming months.
The program will run in 2022 on the following dates below:
- Thursday 21 and Friday 22
- Thursday 28 and Friday 29
- Thursday 4 and Friday 5
- Thursday 11 and Friday 12
- Thursday 18 and Friday 19
- Thursday 25 and Friday 26
- Thursday 1 and Friday 2
- Thursday 8 and Friday 9
- Thursday 15 and Friday 16
- Thursday 22 and Friday 23
- Thursday 13 and Friday 14
- Thursday 20 and Friday 21
- Thursday 27 and Friday 28
Thursday 4 and Friday 5
November/December (date to be confirmed)
The Studio Workshop Program will end with sharing a presentation outcome that will be developed and led by the emerging artists, Arts Facilitator and Arts Support Worker. It is an opportunity for emerging artists to develop ideas and or potential collaborations with each other to showcase new work, for example open studio sessions, group activations and or panel discussions or presentations.
In creative partnership with the Gallery, this program will be led by Sue Jo Wright - Arts Facilitator and Bedelia Lowrencev - Arts Support Worker.