Take time out to explore Auburn Botanic Gardens, stroll through the landscaped surrounds, visit the animal attractions or enjoy your lunch in the community picnic area.
The gardens are open every day from 9am to 5pm.
During daylight saving time, the gardens are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 6pm.
Entry is $4 per person. Children under 16 free and residents of Cumberland Council are free.
Auburn Botanic Gardens are located on the corner of Chisholm and Chiswick Roads in Auburn - view on google maps
If you are driving, there is parking available or catch the Auburn community loop bus , with priority given to seniors and/or people with a disability.
Key features of Auburn Botanic Gardens include:
- A community picnic area with plenty of BBQs.
- Fauna Reserve and bird aviary.
- A native and rainforest garden.
- A scented garden and sunken rose garden.
- An Amphitheatre.
- Pool of reflection and lakes with fish / ducks.
- An equal access playground.
- Peacock Gallery and Art Studios
Holding an Event, Wedding or Photo-shoot
Auburn Botanic Gardens is a wonderful location to hold an organised event, including weddings, or conduct a group excursion. Given the unique and varied backdrops, it is also often used for commercial video and professional photography.
All organised events, weddings and photo-shoots require a booking.
Garden Area Bookings
Picnic Area Bookings
- Book this Venue (PDF, 222.88 KB)
- Terms and Conditions of the Hire for the CPA
- Park Event Waste Services Bin (PDF, 73.62 KB)
- Risk Management Plan Template (DOC, 158.5 KB)
- Community Picnic Area – Location for Amusement Rides – Map (PDF, 750.2 KB)
- Council Community Events Management Checklist (PDF, 108.46 KB)
Amusement Equipment Conditions of Use
For more information about bookings and holding events in the gardens, contact Council's Parks and Recreation Team by phone on 8757 9000.