Want to contribute towards local projects in the community and meet new people? Cumberland Council has an established volunteers program open to anyone interested in contributing to Council’s initiatives and activities.
Volunteering can provide you with valuable work experience, a chance to contribute to community life, the chance to meet new people and allow you to learn new skills
How to become a volunteer
Step 1 – Think about what’s involved…
Before you apply for a volunteer position we ask that you consider the following questions
- What is your motivation for volunteering how will it benefit you/others?
- Do have some time available to give to the activity?
- Are you willing to make a commitment to see the project through?
- Are you prepared to undertake training necessary for the role?
- Are you prepared to undergo a Working with Children check as a requirement in some of the roles?
- Are you prepared to undergo a National Criminal check as a requirement in some of the roles?
Step 2 – Finding the right volunteer position…
- Read through the Volunteer Description (PDF, 653.17 KB) and select the one that you feel most suited to.
- If your position requires a Working With Children Check, apply online for one.
Step 3 – Send in your application form.
- Download the Cumberland Volunteer Application Form (PDF, 338.02 KB).
Please include any details on volunteer roles you’re interested in, skills you can bring and skills you would like to learn. This helps in finding you a suitable position.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email that your application has been received
- Attend a volunteer information session. This is an opportunity to meet the Volunteer Coordinator and talk more about your application.
Please return your completed volunteer application form to:
Post: Cumberland Council, PO Box 42, Merrylands NSW 2160
In person: Civic Centre, 1 Susan Street, Auburn 2144
OR 16 Memorial Avenue, Merrylands 2160
Fax: (02) 9840 9734
Want to volunteer for Aged and Disability? Are you Trustworthy, reliable, pleasant and patient? Aged and Disability might be the role for you.
For further inquiries contact Aged and Disability services on 9688 4751 or email@example.com.