Installations and equipment
Fire safety installations, equipment and considerations for construction materials include, but are not limited to:
- Automatic fire detection and alarm systems
- Automatic fire suppression systems, such as sprinkler systems
- Emergency lighting and exit signs
- Fire hose reels, fire hydrants and portable fire extinguishers
- Fire doors and mechanical air-handling systems
- Lightweight fire-resistant construction materials
Each of these measures must be inspected more regularly than every 12 months by a competent Fire Safety Practitioner. On each inspection, a Supplementary Fire Statement can then be issued.
For more information, call the Environment and Planning Development Programs Officers on 02 8757 9000.