A selection of online resources for everyone including comics, ebooks, children's interactive ebooks and digital magazines.
Borrow Box (Bolinda)
Cumberland City Council Library members can access digital editions of Australian Financial Review, Sydney Morning Herald and The Age. Free access to interactive and searchable replicas of the current and archive issues of the printed edition is available in any Library branch.
ePlatform by Wheelers
indyreads provides access to a statewide collection of independent Australian and international titles, classic literature and modern award-winning titles in eBook and eAudio format.
Libby by Overdrive
From January 31, 2017, the Auburn and Holroyd Libraries will be combining their Overdrive collections to create a shared Cumberland Libraries Overdrive Collection. All your existing loans and holds will still be there and links on the Library webpages will be updated.
For former Holroyd Library members, you’ll continue to use your Library card number and your existing password to log in. For former Auburn members, in addition to providing your Library card number, you will also have to provide your year of birth as a password.
RB Digital Magazines
RB Digital Magazines, the world's largest newsstand, offers full-colour digital magazines for anytime, anywhere reading on desktops, mobile devices, and apps. Your library's collection of popular digital magazines includes both new and backlist titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limits.
- Online reading: Instantly read all current and backlist magazines on desktop and mobile browsers.
- Mobile apps: Download and read magazines on 95% of today's mobile devices, including iOS (Apple®), Android™, and Kindle Fire™/HD/HDXM
- Backlist: Grow your collection and build a digital backlist for anytime checkout and reading
- Easy browsing and checkout: Browse your library's collection by newest issue, keyword search, genre and language to find your favourites and to discover new reading interests
- Two ways to read: Check out magazines and read them instantly on your desktop or mobile browser — or check out and download magazines through mobile apps
- Helpful notifications: Sign up for weekly email reminders about your favourite magazines
- No limit and permanent checkout: Check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account as long as you wish
NB: Existing Southern Sydney Zinio users may be asked to create a new Cumberland Zinio login using their Cumberland Library membership number.
Story Box is an interactive experience of Australians reading aloud, Australian children’s books.
Are animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they’ll love. TumbleBooks are created by taking existing picture books, adding animation, sound, music and narration to produce an electronic picture book which you can read, or have read to you.