For your event to be promoted on the Cumberland Council website, it must meet the following criteria:
- The event must be delivered in the Cumberland Local Government Area.
- Local Community Organisations and not for profits are encouraged to submit their event to this page.
- The event must provide free entry and any charges if any, are to cover the cost of materials only.
- The event must be open to all members of the public, either as participants or spectators.
- Residents of the Cumberland Local Government Area must be the primary beneficiaries of the event.
If you are organising a public event on Council property
If your are organising a public event in a Cumberland City Council park, sports ground, or other venue, there are a number of processes you must go through before your event is published on this website:
- Ensure the park, sports ground or venue where the event will be held is fully booked. You may be asked for confirmation of this when you submit your event post to Council's website. Some bookings may need to be made months in advance. Book for parks, sports grounds, and venues.
- You, the organiser, are responsible for organising necessary insurances, event facilities, stalls, entertainment, crowd control and rubbish removal for your event.
- Any damages to Cumberland Council Property as a result of the event will incur additional charges.
To add a community event to the Council website complete the Community Event Submission Form.
Your community event details and relevant images will be submitted to Council’s Web Team who will review and upload the content onto Council’s website within 10 working days from the date of receipt.
For enquiries please contact Council’s Marketing Team on (02) 8757 9000.