Children's Christmas Bush School
Join the Children’s Development Team for a fun morning of nature based activities, songs and stories for the last Bush School of the year!
We kindly ask families to register for only one of the below sessions:
Sessions will be held at Central Gardens, Paton Street, Merrylands.
The following Covid safe procedures will be in place:
- We ask all families to bring their own picnic blanket to minimise sharing and maintain social distancing
- Checking in with The Bush School's QR code will be required
- Hand sanitiser and disinfectant surface wipes will be on site
- We kindly ask families only register for one session to give all families the opportunity to join in the fun.
Poppy the Possum will be our very special guest at story time!
Finding excitement in nature
Bush School is a casual, community based program that allows children to learn about and experience nature. For families with limited outdoor areas, it can offer a wide range of benefits. Children can:
- Learn about changes in seasons, light, weather, wildlife, plants and trees
- Appreciate biodiversity – including insects, plants and animals
- Develop a sense of space and learn about Aboriginal values towards the land
- Get a sense of caring for our natural environment
- Help develop physical skills, communication, observation, social skills, creativity, teamwork, emotional well-being and self-esteem
All community members are welcome to visit the Bush School.