Use your library card to access a range of eResources.
Be inspired by healthy tips, recipes and more from our selected eBooks and eMagazines available online.
Health and wellbeing
Discover the range of health information and programs promoted during September in this Spring into Health booklet.
Want to make healthier changes but need more support?
The NSW Get Healthy Service coaches provide you with support and motivation to help you reach your own health goals. Join now, it's free.
Age is no barrier to getting active. Check out free NSW Health programs:
- Stepping On: For adults 65+, face to face program.
- Healthy & Active for Life Program: For adults over 60 years of age, Aboriginal people 45+ can register online.
For more information about both of these programs and what they involve or to register your interest.
Please send us an email to WSLHD-ActiveandHealthy@health.nsw.gov.au
You can leave a number if you would like someone to call you to talk to you about the programs.
Tips for healthy eating – try one and see how you go!
- Start your day with breakfast.
- Carry a water bottle to drink more water.
- Take fruit, nuts and crackers for snacks on the go.
- Switch a sugar filled drink to water.
- Cook a healthy meal at home. Find some delicious recipe ideas.
Watch Read it before you eat it Webinar videos on YouTube by South East Sydney Local health District to learn more about food labels:
- Part 1 An Introduction to label reading and the health Star rating
- Part 2 Examples of using the five label reading steps
Join a supportive community for free to help you quit for good!
- Get support to quit smoking from Quitline NSW
- Read the online iCanQuit community tips, stories and experiences with quitting and staying quit
- Discover free quit smoking mobile apps
- View the flyer on Nicotine Replacement Therapy or NRT support services.