The Planning Proposal seeks to rezone the abovementioned land from part B6 Enterprise Corridor and part R2 Low Density Residential to B4 Mixed Use under the Parramatta LEP 2011. It also seeks an increase in the maximum building height from part 9m for R2 zones and part 12m for B6 to 31m (9 storeys), and increase in the maximum floor space ratio from part 0.5:1 for R2 and part 1.5:1 for B6 to 2:1 across the land to which the proposal applies.
The proposal would facilitate, if approved by Council, the development of a new neighbourhood centre comprising high density residential development and commercial uses.
A Draft Development Control Plan (DCP) for this land is also on exhibition. The Draft DCP provides more detailed principles and controls to guide the development of the land should the planning proposal proceed. The Draft DCP influences the distribution of building height and built forms on the land and is aimed at achieving suitable development transitions to lower scale residential areas.
At its meeting of 20 December 2017, Council resolved that the draft DCP amendment for the Woodville Road Neighbourhood Centre Precinct be placed on public exhibition with the Planning Proposal for a minimum of 42 days. As per Council’s resolution, further modelling of the proposed built form envelopes will be undertaken during the public exhibition period with the desired outcome of achieving a minimum of two hours of sunlight to a minimum of 50% of the proposed public open space between 12-2pm during the winter solstice. Following completion of the public exhibition, a further report will be provided to the Cumberland IHAP and Council outlining any issues raised during the consultation, any proposed changes to the DCP, prior to the planning proposal and draft DCP being finalised.
The community consultation period for the Planning Proposal (PLEP 2011) and the Draft DCP for the Woodville Road Neighbourhood Centre will commence on Wednesday 17 January 2018 and will conclude on Wednesday 28 February 2018.
The documentation associated with this planning proposal can be accessed using the links below:
- Gateway Determination dated 08 August 2016
- Planning Proposal PLEP 2011 dated September 2017
- Draft Development Control Plan for Woodville Road Neighbourhood Centre December 2017
- Cumberland IHAP Report 08 November 2017
- Cumberland IHAP Minutes 08 November 2017
- Council Report 13 December 2017
- Council Minutes 13 December 2017
- Council Minutes 20 December 2017
The above documents are also available to view at the following locations:
- Cumberland Council – Auburn Service Centre at 1 Susan Street, Auburn.
- Cumberland Council – Merrylands Service Centre at 16 Memorial Avenue, Merrylands.
- Merrylands Library, corner Miller and Newman Streets, Merrylands.
- Guildford Library at Railway terrace, Guildford.
- Granville Library at 8 Carlton Street, Granville.
Submissions are now closed for this Planning Proposal.
Please note that submissions received by Council may be made publicly available and may be published on Council’s website and in other publications.
If you require further information about this Planning Proposal, please contact Council’s Strategic Planning section on 8757 9953 or 87579890 or visit Council’s Administration Building at 1 Susan Street, Auburn between 8.30 am and 4.00 pm, Monday to Friday, to speak to an officer in person.