How to address
- Complete the Request to Address Council form
- Submit the form to be received by Council by 2pm on the day of the Council meeting.
- You will be allocated 3 minutes to speak on the item.
Terms and conditions
The public forum operates under the following provisions:
- The Public Forum session is limited to 30 minutes.
- Each speaker will be limited to asking one question which must not exceed 3 minutes including if the speaker or the Chairperson considers it appropriate for the purposes of clarification, a brief explanation of the reasons for the question.
- All questions must be submitted on a duly completed and signed application form (the (‘Request to Address Council Form’) and lodged with the Public Officer or General Manager by 2pm on the day of the meeting.
- The speaker must address the Council courteously and must only speak on the topic of their question as submitted.
- The speaker must refrain from making allegations about individual Councillors, Council Staff or other members of the Community.
For further information, read through the Code of Meeting Practice (PDF, 233KB).