Community and Culture Unit
Council’s Community and Culture Unit endeavours to make Cumberland a stronger, more inclusive, accessible and connected community through undertaking research and planning, building relationships and providing responsive and high quality programs, services and facilities to meet local needs.
Download the document which explains the roles and responsibilities of staff within the Community and Culture Unit.
Council hosts networking events for workers and volunteers who provide services in the Cumberland Local Government Area (LGA). The events provide Nameparticipants with an opportunity to connect and improve collaboration. Share information with these networks by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search the Community Information Directory to find services operating in the Cumberland LGA.
Cumberland Community Sector Networking Forum
This forum targets local workers and organisations who receive funding to deliver their services in the Cumberland LGA.
The October 2019 forum has been postponed.
The next forum will be held in 2020.
Dates for the forums will be available in late November/December.
Cumberland Volunteer Sector Networking Forum
Registrations open 1 month before the forum.
Date: 28 November 2019
Time: 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Venue: The Holroyd Centre, Merrylands
There are a number of local interagencies and working groups in the Cumberland LGA.
Download the 2019 Cumberland Interagency Calendar which contains information about the purpose, dates and contact people for the various interagencies.
Training and Resources
Council is dedicated to providing professional development, training opportunities and a range of resources to support the work of community organisations.
Community Research and Demographics
- The Cumberland Community Profile provides demographic analysis based on results from the Censuses of Population and Housing.
- Cumberland Community Snapshot
- Refugee Camp in My Neighbourhood Five Year Longitudinal Evaluation Report
- The State of Homelessness in Cumberland Research Report 2018
Grants and Funding
Strategies and Plans
- Cumberland Community Safety and Crime Prevention Plan
- Cumberland Youth Strategy
- Cumberland Community Events Strategy
- Cumberland Cultural Plan 2019 to 2029
- Children and Families Strategy 2019 to 2023
- Cumberland Community Facilities Strategy 2019 to 2029
- Disability Inclusion Action Plan
- Reconciliation Action Plan