Council’s Community Team endeavours to make Cumberland a stronger, more inclusive, accessible and connected community through undertaking research and planning, building relationships and providing responsive and high quality programs, services and facilities to meet local needs.See Council’s Community Information Booklet for contact details of the relevant teams, their services and programs.
Council hosts networking events for workers and volunteers who provide services in the Cumberland City Local Government Area (LGA). The events provide participants with an opportunity to connect and improve collaboration.
Share information with these networks by emailing:
Search the Community Information Directory to find services operating in the Cumberland City LGA.
There are a number of local interagencies and working groups in the Cumberland Local Government Area.
Download the 2022 Interagency Calendar which contains information about the purpose, dates and contact people for the various interagencies.
Training and Resources
Council is dedicated to providing professional development, training opportunities and a range of resources to support the work of community organisations.
Community Research and Demographics
Council conducted an assessment survey with community sector organisations from across the LGA in order to gauge how COVID-19 was impacting upon their service and their clients/ service users. This summary report outlines the findings from that survey. Read the Impact of COVID-19 of Local Organisations Summary Report
- The Cumberland Community Profile provides demographic analysis based on results from the Censuses of Population and Housing.
- Cumberland Community Snapshot
- Refugee Camp in My Neighbourhood Five Year Longitudinal Evaluation Report
- The State of Homelessness in Cumberland Research Report 2018
Grants and Funding
Strategies and Plans
- Children and Families Strategy 2019 to 2023
- Cumberland Community Events Strategy
- Cumberland Community Facilities Strategy 2019 to 2029
- Cumberland Community Safety and Crime Prevention Plan
- Cumberland Cultural Plan 2019 to 2029
- Cumberland Youth Strategy
- Disability Inclusion Action Plan
- Reconciliation Action Plan
Resources for Community Organisations
Multicultural Mental Health Report Launch and Sector Development Initiative 2020
On 18 November 2020, Cumberland City Council, in association with Local Government Multicultural Network, held a multidisciplinary sector development forum for community workers. This event aimed to provide workers with the information and resources they require to access mental health services for their clients. The event included speakers from NSW Health, South Western Sydney Primary Health Network, Settlement Services International and community groups.
- Worker Resource - Multicultural Mental Health Report Launch
- Presentation Slides from the Forum
- Mental Health Report and Recommendations 2018