Cumberland City Council is responding to COVID-19 guidance from both Federal and State levels of government. View the latest Media Release for details.
- From 15 June 2020, the Auburn Ruth Aquatic Centre will reopen to the public.
- From 22 June 2020, Council will be looking to recommence Learn to Swim programs with a revised lesson plan.
- Rec Swims - Lap swimming in the 25m pool will commence as of Monday 15 June 2020. This will operate in hourly time slots operating 3 per lane adhering to the 4 square meter social distance rules. Maximum capacity in the 25m pool is currently 18 patrons.
- Squads - Our squad program will resume in the 25m pool under a revised program. For now we will run morning sessions from Monday – Saturday in order to free up space for Learn to Swim and Lap Swimming. We will revise this on a weekly basis and add afternoon sessions if/when possible.
- Gym - Our health club will commence from Monday 15 June. All equipment has been set up to comply with 4 square meter social distance, and members will book 1 hour sessions prior to attending. There will be a maximum of 14 members in the gym at any one time. The area will be manned at all times to ensure all cleaning and social distancing rules are adhered to.
- Group Fitness - Group fitness will continue with a timetable consisting of 15 classes per week. All members will continue to book in prior to attending the site and they will bring their own towel and mat where required. Members will continue to participate adhering to the 4 square meter social distancing rule, with maximum capacity inline with the NSW public health order.
- Bookings - All lane hire bookings will be assessed on a case by case basis, and where we can facilitate in a safe manner complying within the guidelines of the NSW public health order they will go ahead.
This pool is located at Church Street, Lidcombe. View on Google Maps
Bookings will need to be made in advance to avoid disappointment for our gym, group fitness classes, and use of the pool. To book visit the Auburn Ruth Everuss Aquatic Centre website or contact the centre on 1300 482 575.
For a full list of fees visit Swim Centre Fees and Charges
Centre opening hours
Monday to Friday: 6am to 12pm and 4pm to 7pm
Saturday and Sunday: 6am to 1pm
Closed Good Friday and Christmas Day
Auburn Ruth Everuss Aquatic Centre offers a range of fitness and health activity options for people of all ages and abilities:
- Swimming lessons
- Courage (preschool program)
- Active (school age program)
- Private lessons
- Swimming squad
- Aqua classes
- Cross Training
- ABT (Abs, Butts & Thighs)
- Yoga both indoor and outdoor
- State of the art facility
- Aquatic, leisure and wellness programs
- 10 lane, 50m outdoor, heated Olympic pool with grandstand
- 6 lane, 25m indoor heated pool
- Indoor, heated program pool for swimming, water safety lessons and rehabilitation programs
- Outdoor heated water polo pool
- Interactive shaded water play pool for children and families
- All pools are heated and accessible
- Birthday parties
- Shop selling swimming equipment and clothing.
- 2 disabled parking spots
- Wheelchair access into the centre
- 1 disabled toilet and change room
- Lockers for people with disabilities.
- Lifts and pool hoists
- Slip resistant surfaces.
The Lidcombe swimming pools has free off-street parking at the junction of Church Street and Olympic Drive and is located halfway between the Lidcombe and Auburn train station.