Greystanes (Boothtown) Aqueduct
- Located in the Lower Prospect Canal
- The Aqueduct was completed in the 1880s for the opening of the Upper Nepean Scheme in 1888.
- It is constructed of brick, is 225 metres long and has 22 arches, each with a 9.1 metre span.
- Today the Aqueduct is maintained for stand-by use.
- Large concrete plugs have been installed to prevent water from the canal entering the Aqueduct.
- Located at 222 Dunmore Street, Pendle Hill.
- Dunmore House was constructed in the 1880s.
- Its verandas are majestic with large amounts of delicate iron lace and white marble tiles creating an opulent effect.
- The house overlooked the surrounding land of Wentworthville, which later became Pendle Hill.
- The property and house are now owned and operated as part of the Church of Christ home and school.
Goodlet & Smilth
- Located off Walpole Street in Holroyd Gardens
- John Hay Goodlet founded the brickworks in 1884.
- It is one of the oldest cement, brick and tile works in the district.
- Its remains demonstrate the original and new technologies used at the site.
- 25 Byron Road, Guildford
- The Linnwood homestead was built by George McCredie in 1891 and is set on 5 hectares of land.
- McCredie was a prominent businessman, Mayor of Prospect & Sherwood, and Independent member for the state seat of Central Cumberland, an independent free trader and an advocate of female suffrage.
- Presbyterian Church services were held on the property and continued until after George McCredie’s death in 1903.
- The George McCredie Memorial Church was built and opened in 1905.
- The property was sold to the State Government in 1921 and became known as the Guildford Truant School for Boys.
- In later years it became Lynwood Hall, a Domestic Training School for Girls.
- Linnwood was listed on the State Heritage Register in 2003.
For more information, see The Friends of Linnwood website
Mays Hill Cemetery
- Corner of Steele Street and the Great Western High
- Mays Hill Cemetery was active from 1848, and is an historic record of the people of Holroyd.
- The headstones provide outstanding examples of monumental craftsmanship.
- It has many traditional and rare plant species within the site.
- The cemetery overlooks Mays Hill Park.
- The last burial in the cemetery was in 1991.
For more details, and information about the pioneers buried at the cemetery, see the Friends of Mays Hill Cemetery website.
St Andrews Presbyterian Church
- 7 McKern Street, Wentworthville
- St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church was originally built in 1840 in Church Street, Parramatta and was completed in 1849.
- The first Presbyterian service in Parramatta was held on 19 June, 1823 in ‘Mr Elder’s New Room’ in George Street, Parramatta. Services were irregular as ministers travelled from Sydney.
- By 1835 arrangements were made for regular services to be held in the Old Court House on the corner of George and Church Street.
- In 1835 land was granted and money was raised to build a church on 217 Church Street – the former Commonwealth Bank site.
- The church was designed by David Lennox and construction ran from 1840 to 1849.
- This church was later moved to 7 McKern Street, Wentworthville and reconstructed brick by brick.
Source: Parramatta Heritage Centre website, 2019’