Road safety is a major concern
We are committed to the NSW Government's Road Safety Plan 2021.
The hard facts
- In the 5 years between 2014 and 2018, 27 people were killed and 3,440 were injured on roads in the Cumberland City Local Government Area, at an estimated cost to the community of over $601 million.
- Over the 5 year period the largest number of crashes (44% on average) occurred on 50 km/h speed limit roads, 25% on 60km/h roads and 15% on 70 km/h roads.
- 63% of all crashes occur on Top 30 roads - 90% of which are on state and regional roads.
- Drivers who live in the Cumberland City Local Government Area were involved in 1,522 crashes within the Sydney region during 2018. This included 562 crashes within Cumberland (37%) and a further 959 elsewhere in Sydney (63%).
- Crash data shows that fatalities and the total number of casualties and crashes are in downward trend - although the number of fatalities has jumped from 1 in 2017 to 6 in 2018.
Don't contribute to these statistics. Learn more about travelling safely on our roads, below. Or book into a road safety workshop.
Road safety tips
Road safety resources
Road safety presentations
Help learner drivers become safer drivers
Child restraints and seatbelts