Why a Toy Library?
Toy libraries promote child learning and development through play experiences. Toys give children direct experiences and information about themselves and their environment and develop basic awareness, attitudes and skills essential to later learning.
Cumberland City Council provides a Toy Library service at Wentworthville Library, 2 Lane Street, Wentworthville. Phone: 02 8757 9067 or 02 8757 9068.
Please note: The Toy Library issuing, returning and registrations will end 15 minutes before the library closing time.
In addition to borrowing books, magazines or movies, borrow toys for your child to play with! It’s a great way for your child to enjoy the novelty of a new toy without the expense.
Toys can be borrowed for any child or groups of children under 11 years old.
Before borrowing you must become a member of the Toy Library by completing a membership form and paying an annual fee. You will need to bring your membership card every time you borrow.
Conditions of Borrowing
- Borrowers are responsible for the toys they borrow.
- Please ensure all pieces are there when returning the toys and that the bag and toy tag are intact.
- Children in the toy library area must be accompanied.
- A replacement cost will be charged for lost or damaged toys rendered unsuitable for further borrowing. This cost is shown on the toy tag.
- When a toy is suitable for borrowing but has lost a piece, the member will have four weeks to find the piece, after which a replacement fee per piece will be imposed.
- All toys will be checked on return but we recommend that borrowers count toy pieces before use and notify the library immediately if any parts are missing.
Annual Membership Options
|Amount of Toys||Duration||Price|
|1 toy||Two Weeks||$25.00|
|2 toys (for special needs children)||Two Weeks||$25.00|
|2 toys||Two Weeks||$37.00|
|3 toys||Two Weeks||$45.00|
|5 toys||Two Weeks||$54.40|
|4 toys (for groups)||Two Weeks||$61.50|
1 – 4 years
Party Pack #1
3 – 6 years