To assist residents in adopting sustainable practices in the home and reduce their organic waste, Council offers all households in Cumberland a rebate for the purchase of a compost bin or a worm farm.
How the rebate works
Buy a compost bin or worm farm and Council can pay for the full purchase if it costs less than $50. If it costs more than $50, Council can provide $50 towards the price.
To be eligible for the program
- You must live in or own a home in the Cumberland Council area
- Your household only makes one claim
- You don’t include compost accessories or worms in the cost
Apply for the program
- Fill in and sign the Compost Bin / Worm Farm Rebate Form within 3 months of buying the item.
- Attach a copy of your receipt. It must show the date you bought it.
- Attach proof of your address. This can be a copy of a rates bill, electricity bill or driver’s licence. Simply make sure it shows your full name and address.
- Return the rebate form, a copy of receipt and proof of your address to Council
PO BOX 42
Merrylands NSW 2160
At one of Cumberland Council’s Service Centres:
- Auburn Office 1 Susan Street, Auburn
- Merrylands Office 16 Memorial Avenue, Merrylands
- Mon – Fri, 8.00am – 4.30pm
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to a free workshop
Join a free Council workshop and learn:
- How to set up a compost bin and worm farm
- How to maintain them for great results
- Troubleshooting tips
For workshop locations, see the What's on Calendar