The NDIS can bring more opportunities
The NDIS was introduced to provide reasonable and necessary support to many people with permanent and significant disability.
It allows people with disability to achieve greater independence, community involvement, education, employment, and better health and wellbeing opportunities. It also provides additional support and certainty for carers and families.
The NDIS can connect you to doctors, supports clubs, support groups, libraries, schools and support from the state government.
To apply for the NDIS funding
- You must be between 7 to 65 years of age or
- Have a child with a disability between 0 to 7 years old
- Be an Australian citizen or hold a permanent Visa or Protected Special Category Visa
- Live in Australia where the NSID is available
- Have a permanent disability that significantly affects your ability to take part in everyday activities
Find out more about eligibility for the NDIS.
How Cumberland Council can help
Council is a registered NDIS Provider and offers a range of services and facilities to people registered for the NDIS, including:
Help with accessing information. Call Council’s Aged and Disability Services on (02) 8757 9041.
Help from volunteers. Call Council’s Aged and Disability Services on (02) 8757 90410.