All Libraries are open - check our Library Locations and Hours page for individual opening times.
For the continued safety of our community, and for the purpose of contact tracing, we are required to keep a record of visitors to the library. All visitors who enter the library must sign in with their name, address, and phone number.
The new measures in place for libraries include:
- Public computer usage limited to 60 minutes per customer per day.
- Public computer numbers are limited and must be reserved prior to use. Visit: https://reserve.cumberland.nsw.gov.au
- Staff cannot assist with the use of copiers/kiosks/PCs – these are self-service.
- Payments can only be made with EFTPOS, NO CASH payments available.
- Holds can be picked up at any of our libraries during opening hours.
- Items returned will also undergo quarantining for a minimum of 72 hours and consequently will not be returned off your card straight away.
- Toy Library items have been extended until October. However if you wish to return them sooner, you can make an appointment to do so by phoning 8757 9068. Toys will not be accepted without prior appointment.
Book returns and memberships
- You can now return your books to the Library during opening hours.
- Borrowed items can be returned in the after-hours return chute at Granville, Guildford, Lidcombe and Regents Park Libraries.
- The after-hours return chutes at Auburn and Wentworthville Libraries will remain closed until further notice.
- Items returned will also undergo quarantining for a minimum of 72 hours. You will not be charged a late fee.
- You can also continue to use Library Online services and the Library Catalogue during the closures.
If you have enquiries or require assistance, please contact your libraries between 9:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday or read the Librarys FAQs for more information
- Auburn Library 02 8757 9060
- Merrylands Library 02 8757 9065
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See Library FAQs
Ask a Librarian
Submit your question
Library membership and borrowing
Visit the Library Catalogue
Locations and hours
Computer bookings, Internet and photocopying
Library Services Facebook
Follow us on Facebook
Get help with you HSC