The award-winning Sydney Cherry Blossom Festival is back in 2018 with its biggest program yet! Sydney Cherry Blossom Festival caters to all ages and interests. Come for a weekend ‘Hanami’ and experience the full festival line up or hand pick your festival experience from our mid-week themed days.
Reserve your Tickets to Cherry Blossom
Cumberland Council residents and non-residents reserve your tickets to Cherry Blossom for a chance to win flights to Japan! *see Festival Promotion Conditions (PDF, 181.65 KB) for details.
Getting to the Cherry Blossom Festival
- Catching public transport? Plan your trip visit transportinfo website.
- Parking availability: Limited Parking is available in Auburn Civic Car Park. see map for location details, Free shuttle buses will run from 9am to 5.30pm from the car park to the Gardens and return.
- Free Festival shuttle buses run on a continuous loop from Auburn Civic Car Park, Susan Street, Auburn Station and the Auburn Botanic Gardens to make your trip to Auburn a smooth ride!
- Cyclists: Bicycle rack available outside the Gardens
Report a Parking Issue
- Any parking-related concerns from the public should be reported through the Council Customer Service line so that Parking Patrol Officers can address the matter. Please phone: 8757 9000 to report a parking matter anytime.
View the Cherry Blossom Festival Calendar
VIP night blossom viewing, Tsuru food truck, Sake and Japanese craft beer and ABBAN (JPN) Live in concert (18+ only). Hurry! VERY limited ticket allocation
Cherry Blossom trail, Stadium Sumo, Hello Kitty Make Over Bar, Cherry Blossom Food Village, Izakaya Bar, The Zen Garden experience, SMASH! Cosplay Catwalk Show (SAT ONLY) and Peacock Gallery exclusive Festival Exhibition.
Take a self-guided tour on the Cherry Trail through the Japanese gardens, including a selection of food stalls from the Cherry Blossom Food Village. Perfect for budding photographers and those who love a bit of peace and quiet!
A massive line-up for green thumbs and green enthusiasts alike! Biodiversity talks with Costa, Bonsai workshops, Japanese Garden guided tours, Ikebana demonstrations, Sustainability workshops AND a Market Place. Includes a selection of food stalls from the Cherry Blossom Food Village.
Created specifically for parents with young children. Including world-renowned Hello Kitty bringing her Make-over Bar, Taiko drumming for kids, Baby Yoga, Tumbletown Play Centre, Hula Hoop fun with Shiho Sparkle Hooper, AND includes a selection of food stalls from the Cherry Blossom Food Village.
A day free for Seniors! Taiso wellness, guided Japanese Garden tours, Ikebana demonstrations, Koto and Shakuhachi performances, traditional Tea Ceremony as well as Kimono dress ups, AND includes a selection of food stalls from the Cherry Blossom Food Village.
Cherry Blossom trail, Stadium Sumo, Hello Kitty Make-over Bar, Cherry Blossom Food Village, Izakaya Bar, The Zen Garden experience, and Peacock Gallery exclusive Festival Exhibition.