Being a volunteer brings benefits
Volunteering can provide you with valuable work experience, a chance to contribute to community life, the chance to meet new people and allow you to learn new skills.
Current positions available
- In-centre Activities Assistant Volunteer for the Social Inclusion Team
- Outing Assistant Volunteer for the Social Inclusion Team
- Shopping assistants for Social Inclusion Team
- Drivers and Volunteer Delivery Assistants (‘Runner’) for Nutrition Services
- Centre Based Meals Program Volunteer for Nutrition Services
- Programs Assistants for the Lifestyle & Leisure Links Program
- Commitment to working with elderly people and people with disabilities
- Ability to conduct duties of position or ability/willingness to learn
- Commitment to work within the guidelines/legislation relevant to this position
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, the person-centred approach (or willingness to learn)
- Trustworthy, patient, reliable and completion of a Criminal Record Check
How to become a volunteer
Step 1 – Think about what’s involved
Before you apply for a volunteer position we ask that you consider the following questions
- Are you at least 16 years of age?
- What is your motivation for volunteering how will it benefit you/others?
- Do you have some time available to give to the activity?
- Are you willing to make a commitment to see the project through?
- Are you prepared to undertake the training necessary for the role?
- Are you prepared to undergo a Working with Children check as a requirement in some of the roles?
- Are you prepared to undergo a National Criminal check as a requirement in some of the roles?
Step 2 – Finding the right volunteer position
Step 3 – Complete and send in your application form
- Download the Cumberland Volunteer Application Form. Please include any details on volunteer roles you’re interested in, skills you can bring and skills you would like to learn. This helps in finding you a suitable position.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email that your application has been received.
- Attend a volunteer information session. This is an opportunity to meet the Volunteer Coordinator and talk more about your application.
Submit the form
Post: Cumberland City Council, PO Box 42, Merrylands NSW 2160
In person to: Civic Centre, 1 Susan Street, Auburn 2144 or 16 Memorial Avenue, Merrylands 2160
Fax: 02 9840 9734